Thursday, December 07, 2017

GOD MUSES


GOD MUSES

D. R. Khashaba

WARNING: Dear Reader, these are black thoughts oozed in a black hour on a black day. You will be well advised not to read any further.

God sat musing.

When I created life — well, I didn’t really create life. Life is an original dimension of my being, which I shaped in myriads of shapes, from the tiger to the butterfly, from the lizard to the hippopotamus, that was good, All life has intrinsic value. When life feeds on life, that is a normal consequence of the principle of transience ruling all finite existence. Thus far all was good. But then I made my worst error. I created human beings. Humans, not content with their intrinsic value as living beings, created for themselves their own secondary values, aims, purposes. When these secondary values clashed within one individual human being, or when the values in certain human beings clashed with the values in other human beings, there arose misery, frustration, dejection … there arose greed … there arose anger and hate. All of this overshadowed the original worth of life in human beings. Many times I have thought of uprooting this grave error by destroying the human race totally. But then I saw maybe a single human being, one woman or one man that did not sully the intrinsic worth of life in them … at one time a Socrates here, at another time a Gautama there, at yet another time a simple woman who gave her life to save another life, and I changed my mind. But the evil generated by the human race has 0verflown all measure. I’d better deceive myself no longer. The human experiment has turned sour. I must finish off this vile weed. I must not let anything weaken my resolve this yime. What remains is to decide the means. At one time I had almost decided … by a sight alteration in the speed of the Earth’s revolution to send the polluted planet hurtling towards the Sun to be totally consumed. But this would end all life on Earth. True, I have shaped modes of life on other planets. But what wrong has the sleek scorpion or the nimble squirrel done to deserve this end? No. I will let the human race finish itself off. The simple combination of greed and stupidity with which hum\ns are brimful is sufficient to lead them to their inevitable end. In the process humans will have wreaked grave damage to the originally well-balanced environment of the Earth. This is a price that has to be paid. And the damage will be remedied when the cumulatively pernicious influence of humans has been removed. That’s it! Leave them to the poisonous mix of greed and stupidity and they will soon end themselves.

D. R. Khashaba

December 7, 2017

Posted to https://philosophia937.wordpress.com xnd http://khashaba.blogspot.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home